[kictanet] Another unfounded prominent story by Daily Nation on #DigitalMigration

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Jan 15 16:43:20 EAT 2015

On 15 January 2015 at 16:06, Consumers Federation of Kenya (Cofek) via
kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:

> Mostly verbal rejections. In one case,  when we to run joint ads with Gotv
> and StarTimes, one media house demanded we remove the other logos. We did.
> Given our budget constraints,  we only ran one ad on our own. Another media
> house flatly rejected any ad on digital migration. We have confidential (we
> can't share) internal correspondences requiring high level clearance on
> digital migration ads in both print and broadcast versions.

This is a serious claim. There must be clear laws on how monopolies can
flex their muscles. If "mighty" COFEK cannot get their ADs through, what
about the common Mwananchi?

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson