[kictanet] Another unfounded prominent story by Daily Nation on #DigitalMigration

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK) hotline at cofek.co.ke
Thu Jan 15 15:19:59 EAT 2015

Dear Listers,

We hereby share the prominent page 3 "Daily Nation" story on digital
migration >>
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/digital-migration-Kenya-poll/-/1056/2589266/-/n
o0q5v/-/index.html which we find either skewed and or inconsistent with the
study by GeoPoll (whose methodology, sampling and conclusions raise more
questions than answers) >>
http://blog.geopoll.com/kenyas-analogue-to-digital-switch?utm_content=111501
29
<http://blog.geopoll.com/kenyas-analogue-to-digital-switch?utm_content=11150
129&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter>
&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

It remains inconceivable to us as towhy a national survey was taken when
part digital migration (NTV, KTN and Citizen are still on simulcast)
happened in Nairobi. Again, why a more reliable local firm would not be
relied upon, it is equally baffling. A random (non-targeted) and
non-scientific lean sample of 400, reportedly of over 35 years, spread
across Kenya for such conclusions? No one knows the education level of
respondents.

Lastly, why would "Daily Nation" mention "ignorance" on digital migration
when they, among other media houses, could not accept running CA and other
digital migration campaigns last year? But we could be wrong, too. We invite
your incisive opinions on this matter. We have requested Daily Nation public
editor (congratulations Mr Peter Mwaura) to check this article and whether
some interests are not being declared by this respected media house.

Kind regards,

David Kedode

Program Officer

www.cofek.co.ke