[kictanet] Is our ICT GDP growth unable to match national GDP growth?

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:29:54 EAT 2015

John,

If comments by PS Ndemo in 2012, are accurate, it is folly for the national
government not to spend (per annum) at least KES 50B on digitization (which
includes IT infrastructure, appliances, applications/automation)...

http://www.cio.co.ke/news/main-stories/kenya-information-ps-advises-govt-to-focus-on-efficiency-through-digitisation-rather-than-taxation

Digitisation of government is one of the strategic pillars of the National
ICT Master Plan. The PS said digitisation of the lands registry had
seen revenue collected rise from Ksh. 800 million to Ksh. 9 billion. The PS
added that digitisation around the country stood to make the country more
than Ksh. 200 billion in additional revenue.

Regards

Murigi / Stanley Muraya

*"Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one
who takes a city." Prov 16:32*

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 11:45 AM, John Kieti via kictanet <