[kictanet] Data Privacy issues, Permission Marketing and nuisance SMSs

Victor Kapiyo vkapiyo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:22:11 EAT 2015

I agree.

The CS ICT announced that he would table the Data protection bill in
Parliament in May last year (
http://www.itwebafrica.com/ict-and-governance/256-kenya/232836-kenyas-data-protection-bill-ready-for-adoption).
However, we are still waiting for this more than 5 years since the bill was
first mooted. I would wish to encourage the CAK and the Ministry to
prioritize this crucial law and table in Parliament soon. It cannot and
should not wait any longer.

It will of course need additional amendments to take into account new
developments, including some of those proposed recently in the US.

Victor

Victor Kapiyo

*"Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude" Zig
Ziglar*

On 13 January 2015 at 09:04, Ali Hussein via kictanet <