[kictanet] Safaricom enforces a 20MB cap on Data Bundles Sambaza

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 14:53:05 EAT 2015

[Sorry for cross-posting]

I think Safaricom should consult her customers and know what they want. I
also think Safaricom shouldn't bully it's customers.

I have just realized that Sambaza Bundle has been capped to 20MB per day,
and you can only sambaza 10MB in a single transaction - do that twice and
the day is closed!

Now, I have close to 1GB on my modem and I wanted to sambaza about 200MB to
my phone. Three attempts and I am getting this strange error, only to call
Safaricom CC and be shocked with the news.

Here is the big question: If I go into a supermarket and buy 10Kgs of Sugar
and pay for it, what business does the supermarket have in deciding what I
can do with the Sugar?

Once I buy 1,5GiB data bundle from Safaricom, what business does it still
have in deciding whether I can use it on that SIM card or Sambaza it to
others?

Well, looks like Sambaza was a privilege that Safaricom could withdraw at
any time? I did not read the T&Cs, but it doesn't seem right, even if
people have been doing business with data bundles. Once you've paid for the
bundles, you should be left alone, no?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,