[kictanet] Kenya's Silicon Savannah & the Need to do more

Matunda Nyanchama matunda at aganoconsulting.com
Thu Feb 26 07:42:19 EAT 2015

Ngigi Waithaka
You make some good points; often innovation is as result of culmination of knowledge from different disciplines. Often also, by products of large projects (JFK promising Americans to land on the moon) can have substantive impact on the economy. It requires long-range focus.
African universities are very lowly rated on result output as measured by publication indices. South Africa leads in this respect on the African continent.
The other aspect is poor dissemination and which can lead to duplication. There is a cliche that a lot of research reports merely end up on shelves gathering dust.
I would encourage us all to attend the ICT innovation conference to add your input and be regular in its planned annual occurrences.
Have a good morning.