[kictanet] Digital Migration - Set Top Box Ownership - Time to move the debate forward!

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK) hotline at cofek.co.ke
Wed Feb 18 18:16:55 EAT 2015

Dear All,

At Cofek, we find as (regrettably) misplaced the fact that people are re-opening the same old debate on digital migration merely because of the 3 media houses’ objections. Regardless of their somewhat valid grievances, we are on record saying they are fighting a lost battle. The Supreme Court has pronounced itself. It is end of debate on analogue switch-off.

We need to move on – beyond the exchanges between CA/MOICT and the media houses. We need to listen to “Wanjiku”. We need to exploit the opportunities which migration brings with them.

On set-top boxes, and if you thought South Africa is better on Digital Migration, then Kenya has no problems at all. A minister in South Africa has said no to STB’s with encryption! Read on: http://www.cofek.co.ke/index.php/14-news/957-if-you-thought-there-are-more-digital-migration-challenges-then-kenya-has-none-at-all-read-on

Kind regards

David Kedode

www.cofek.co.ke