[kictanet] [isoc_ke] The Elephant in the Digital Migration Room?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 07:37:43 EAT 2015

Ali

Sometimes we learn the hard way. Digital migration has been a living
room  joke until CAK woke people up. I laud the bold steps taken by CA
DG Mr. Francis Wangusi and his team, they have gotten every household
enquiring what this digital migration elephant (which indeed it is )
is all about. Anyway, what is the fuss all about? arent we driving on
roads built by the Chinese across the continent?, i think this is a
wake up call for us to style up in terms of raising our standards in
business. Excellence is  not an option that is why the Chinese have
reached where they are. Even those crying foul are likely to source
for technology from the East because it makes business sense. I think
the Supreme Court of Kenya made very wise rulings that could and
should resolve this issue. People should learn to sit around a table
and resolve contentious issues instead of invoking legalese. This is
indeed a demonstration that some sections of the industry do not value
Multistakeholderism hence the challenges we have encountered in the
recent past that have slowed down our growth as a sector. I am a
strong beleiver in the Multistakeholder model, let all the people
concerned sit on one table and iron out their issues amicably as
proposed by the highest court in the land propaganda will only make
things worse for everybody.

Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno