[kictanet] CIA invests in the AWS cloud despite security concerns

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Tue Feb 17 16:49:04 EAT 2015

Keep in mind that the CIA initiative vis-a-vis Amazon is a private cloud.
The physical servers using AWS software are on CIA property.

This is part of my talk where I say that 'everybody' needs to move to
Infrastructure as a Service.  The paradigm works even in hyper-sensitive
environments like the CIA and the NSA (and banks).  The NSA uses OpenStack
in case anybody's interested - again, the hardware is physically under NSA
control.

-Adam

--
Kili - Cloud for Africa: kili.io
Musings: twitter.com/varud <https://twitter.com/varud>

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Phares Kariuki via kictanet <