[kictanet] [isoc_ke] Here I go again on Net Neutrality

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Feb 10 15:39:35 EAT 2015

It is sad that Kenya considers itself a leader on ICT, yet we have lagged
way behind on two Key policy issues 1. Net Neutrality and 2. Intermediary
liabilities.

I shared the South African ICT policy framework sometimes back on this list
that had a definite policy direction in Net Neutrality. Did we drop the
ball by not championing this issues on the ICT Master plan?

I support Ali's thinking to have a cross community round table and develop
a paper ... then lobby for it to be adopted as a standard framework.
Challenge is bringing all the relevant stakeholders on the table.

Regards

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson