[kictanet] Waiguru sues Google, Kenyan website for defamation

cdohnio cdohnio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:48:23 EAT 2015

This case will have huge implications for the start up community in
defining the limits of 3rd party liability in Kenya.

I personally fall on the side of severely limiting such liability as a
company can't be expected to police it's users. I think though if it is
proven to have been defamation Google is obligated to pull the blog down if
it's owner refuses to pull the articles down

----
*Waiguru sues Google, Kenyan website for defamation*
<http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Waiguru-sues-Google--Kenyan-website-for-defamation-/-/539546/2847522/-/cgpe57z/-/index.html>
// *Business Daily*
<http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Waiguru-sues-Google--Kenyan-website-for-defamation-/-/539546/2847522/-/cgpe57z/-/index.html>

She now wants the global search engine held liable for allegedly defamatory
article alongside Daily Post, which authored it.
----

Shared via *my feedly reader* <http://feedly.com>