[kictanet] Equitel - M-Pesa battle heats up as Safaricom hikes termination fees

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Aug 21 07:20:56 EAT 2015

Simiyu

Interesting analogy..However misplaced it is...:-)

I think this list's contributors have been a major proponent of Safaricom's against the ill-advised push to dismember it. Having said that we also cannot allow such actions to go unchallenged. It's perpetuating the impunity this country's citizens are fighting hard to destroy.

40%+ of Kenya's GDP passes through the Mpesa system. It has become the de-facto ATM Network for the country hence restrictive tendencies should not be allowed. This is a perfect (if what Safaricom has done against Equitel is true) opportunity for the regulator to show us why they were once voted the best regulator in Africa.

Can the regulator stand up and be counted?

Ali Hussein
Hussein & Associates
+254 770 906375 / 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo
Blog: www.alyhussein.com

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad