[kictanet] Cost of mobile money transactions

meshack memakunat at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 09:35:12 EAT 2015

Sent from Samsung Mobile

-------- Original message --------
From: meshack <memakunat at yahoo.com>
Date: 20/08/2015  08:15  (GMT+03:00)
To: Grace Githaiga <ggithaiga at hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [kictanet] Cost of mobile money transactions

What i mean is that. Talking of paying electricity bill, normally there is a fixed charge of 174 kshs for prepaid domestic users. Now for the same i have to pay for the 174ksh every month no matter the consumption. Suppose i consume10 units a month that means i only spend 100ksh or less as direct consumption.
My arguement is If i am charged a cost of +22 then a unknown cost of +40 from both parties(mobile money service provider and electficity company), as the cost of paying the 174ksh and subscribing for 10 units @100+kshs. Then the costs are to much considering the 10units for 100+kshs is a cost on itself to many.
Also my arguement here is that there should be control for what should be charged to consumers and at what level.
Secondly, they should apply some sort of discrimination(price discrimination) depending on the type of consumer. Remember not all consumers are the same and not all consumers have the same usage in electricity.

Sent from Samsung Mobile