[kictanet] AG BLOCKS ICT CS' BID TO ENACT ANTI-SAFARICOM LAW

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK) hotline at cofek.co.ke
Thu Aug 6 07:13:30 EAT 2015

Dear Listers,
Please see our article on the same:
http://www.cofek.co.ke/index.php/news-and-media/1326-ict-cs-dr-matiang-i-embarrassing-govt-on-dominance-debate.
Kind regards,
David Kedodewww.cofek.co.ke

-------- Original message --------
From: Ali Hussein via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
Date: 2015/08/06  06:50  (GMT+03:00)
To: "The Consumers Federation of Kenya (Cofek)" <hotline at cofek.co.ke>
Cc: Ali Hussein <ali at hussein.me.ke>
Subject: [kictanet] AG BLOCKS ICT CS' BID TO ENACT ANTI-SAFARICOM LAW

Listers
Apologies for cross posting.
This discussion seems to have refused to die. :-)
My humble contention is again that Market Forces and a gentle regulatory hand will be better than this poison pill that the CS seems determined to shove down Safaricom's throat.
As for the regulators, the fact that two govt agencies seem at loggerheads on this issue can only augar well for this country - Competition has checked into Government! :-)
One last thing - I'm curious as to the Market leadership status at Airtel's other Africa presence. Anyone has those stats at hand?
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/AG-blocks-Matiangi-s-bid-to-enact-anti-Safaricom-laws/-/539546/2820120/-/en82p6z/-/index.html
Ali Hussein

Tel: +254 713 601113