[kictanet] Is Safaricom really dominant?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sat Aug 1 23:34:17 EAT 2015

Walu

1. Mobile Money? Yes, if you want to confine Safaricom to Kenya.
2. Voice? Yes but who really cares?
3. Data? Debatable
4. Content? Not
5. Remittances? - despite the larger than life brand buzz they control less than 1% of the $550 billion global remittance business.

Wagging the dog Walu. Govt has better things to do than make noise about Safaricom's dominance. Instead of bemoaning their dominance we need to champion them as potential global leaders. Read my blog penned in February on this issue (in case you missed it of course!) :-)

www.alyhussein.com

Ali Hussein
Hussein & Associates
+254 770 906375 / 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo
Blog: www.alyhussein.com

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad