[kictanet] Is it Consumer Safety or Competition between Safaricom & Equity?

Cecilia Nyawira cecilia.nyawira at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 16:28:33 EAT 2014

CAK is supposed to be the independent expert that grants licences. What is this 'independent panel of experts' that is 'to be appointed by the house committee' about?
From a consumer rights perspective I would rather use Equity than Safcom because lets face it, Safcom is a bank which enjoys non-licence status.
I would ask Equity to go to court and demand on behalf of mobile users that the same scrutiny that is being accorded to them be applied to the current mobile money transfer providers. All banks should also go to court and demand that Safcom acquire a banking lincence. There is a case for it.

On the issue at hand, Equity doesn't even need mobile money transfer licensing. Its already a bank and I am sure it can use its already existing licence to pursue its ends.
Why does Equity need thin simcards anyway? I tend to think there was a bit of in-the-box thinking here.

My two cents. But I am all for clash of the titans.

Cecilia Nyawira, Advocate.