[kictanet] Of bullet trains and delusions of mega techno-cities....

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Tue Sep 16 10:32:19 EAT 2014

Listers,

I am hoping that many of you read this article

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/bullet-trains-delusions-mega-techno-cities/-/440808/2450902/-/s9mfcxz/-/index.html

If you didn't, I would urge you to read it.

In a way the writer, David Ndii, has put it down from his point of view why
it we are chasing a an economic-tiger mirage with our current policies of
starting at the end as opposed to asking ourselves how to get there.

I happen to agree with what he writes on this article, and it is my hope
that we'll one day re-look at the current projects we have in ICT,
especially Konza City and ask ourselves whether what this country needs is
an ICT City or to invest in local universities and firms that will
eventually build that city.

--
*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T + 254 (0) 20 2333 471 |Office Mobile: +254 786 28 28 28 | M + 254 737 811
000
www.at.co.ke