[kictanet] Service Interruption on GoK Websites

Phyllis Nyambura pnyambura at ict.go.ke
Mon Sep 8 12:46:29 EAT 2014

Listers,

Please note the below and attached release on the interruptions of service
on Government websites.

*Press Release: Service Interruption of GoK Websites*

*Thursday, 3rd September, 2014*

The ICT Authority has developed comprehensive standards to guide public web
content, appearance, security and accessibility of public websites.

For the standards to be implemented, we conducted an audit of Government
websites. The audit revealed that in their present state, many of the
government websites do not conform to the standards and they are not secure.

It has therefore become necessary to upgrade the hosting environment,
reorient the websites to the approved standards, and train ICT officers and
Public Communication officer’s on best practices for developing and
maintaining websites.

During this exercise we request the indulgence of users of Government
websites since there will be service interruption from 3rd Sept 2014 to the
10th of Sept 2014.

*For more information please contact Mary Ngaruma on mary.ngaruma at ict.go.ke
<mary.ngaruma at ict.go.ke> or call us on 254-020-2211960/62*

You can also access more information on:
http://www.icta.go.ke/draft-web-standards/

Kind Regards,
Phyllis Nyambura
Communication Writer
The ICT Authority

Telposta Towers, 12th Floor, Kenyatta Ave
P.O. Box 27150 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
t: + 254-020-2211960/62 | m: + 254 (0) 789396433 | e: pnyambura at ict.go.ke
Email: info at ict.go.ke or communications at ict.go.ke

Visit: www.icta.go.ke <http://www.ict.go.ke/>
Become a fan: www.facebook.com/ICTAuthorityKE
<http://www.facebook.com/kenyaictboard>
Follow us on twitter: @ICTAuthorityKE

--

ICT Authority

Telposta Towers 12th Floor,  Kenyatta Ave

PO Box 27150 - 00100  Nairobi Kenya

Tel: +254 20 2089061

www.icta.go.ke