[kictanet] We should not outsource our birthright and sovereignty on an ill conceived PPP

Mbugua Njihia mbugua.njihia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 14:45:04 EAT 2014

Last month – August 2014, there was talk of a private public partnership
by the Kenya Citizens and Foreign Nationals Management Service, under the
Ministry of Interior and Co-ordination of National Government dubbed Umoja
Kenya and a company of Israeli origins that was not mentioned. The value of
the PPP was pegged at Ksh 9 billion with our government already reaching
out to private entities to form anchor clients for when the revenue taps
will be open with a projected Ksh 25 billion payday.

We have local capacity across all fronts to enter into a Public Private
Partnership that will realize this and many other projects in sustainable
ways that grow our national intellectual property base, enable us to meet
numerous Vision 2030 milestones and most importantly power our local
companies to be truly global, as the pedigree imbued from undertaking the
project successfully will open doors to creating truly exportable value
from our ICT, knowledge and service based industries.*We must be the true
and sole custodians in the creation of our national single source of truth;
anything less will be akin to peddling our birthright and sovereignty.*

More here -
http://www.mbuguanjihia.com/business/outsource-birthright-sovereignty-ill-conceived-ppp.html