[kictanet] COFEK ADVISORY ON DIGITAL MIGRATION - NOVEMBER 25, 2014

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK) hotline at cofek.co.ke
Tue Nov 25 18:04:14 EAT 2014

Fellow Consumers,

The Consumers Federation of Kenya (Cofek) wishes to advise all Kenyan TV
owners and viewers that the Communications Authority of Kenya (CAK) will
soon announce the analogue TV signal switch-off. It is our position that
Kenya will finally "Go Digital" on or by December 31, 2014 for Nairobi and
nearby Counties, in the first phase. Related to this, we would like to
advise as follows;

(a)    It is in your interest to clearly understand and appreciate what
#DigitalMigration is and what it is not.

(b)   #DigitalMigration will affect the way we communicate and relate to
each other. It has technical, legal and socio-economic implications.

(c)    Working with partners in Government, Private Sector and Development
Partners, Cofek is now engaging in consumer education across the country. We
invite partner support particularly from ICT professionals who would be
willing to volunteer of their time.

(d)   We recommend that you plan to buy your Set-Top Box (STB) in good time.
If you are unsure what to buy, from where and how much, please contact us

(e)    #DigitalMigration is not compulsory. But if you don't have a STB
gadget you will be unable to continue enjoying your popular Free-To-Air
(FTA) channels

(f)    You can "follow us" on Twitter - @ConsumersKenya)  and "Like us" on
Facebook page for updates on #DigitalMigration

(g)    In the meantime, if you have burning questions on the
#DigitalMigration, please contact us;

http://www.cofek.co.ke/index.php/14-news/884-cofek-advisory-on-kenya-s-digit
almigration-and-need-for-consumers-to-be-ready-as-kenya-goes-digital-televis
ion

As always, we value your kind feedback and support. Thank you.

Kind regards,

David Kedode

Program Officer

Consumers Federation of Kenya (COFEK)

Rehema Place, Block F-45

Ngong Road/Ring Rd Kilimani Junction

P.O Box 28053-00200, City Square, NAIROBI, Kenya

Tel. 254-20-2615496, 2300859 Fax. 254-20-3861719; Cell phones: 0715555550,
0770700007

E-mail:  <mailto:hotline at cofek.co.ke> hotline at cofek.co.ke

Website:  <http://www.cofek.co.ke/> www.cofek.co.ke

Facebook: "Consumers Federation of Kenya (Cofek)"

Twitter: @ConsumersKenya YouTube: "ConsumersKenya"

13th December 2012 -  President Kibaki assents to the Consumer Protection
Act, 2012 Read it here:
<http://www.cofek.co.ke/Consumers%20Protection%20Act%202012.pdf>
http://www.cofek.co.ke/Consumers%20Protection%20Act%202012.pdf