[kictanet] [isoc_ke] Telecoms regulator seeks powers to spy on consumers - Another case of Silly Season or should we be concerned?

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 16:24:44 EAT 2014

@Mose,

I had already shared your link http://ca.go.ke/index.php/public-consultations

there are many regulations under "consultations". But I am unable to get the specific one that best relates to the authors(Okuttah) article. The closest one seem to be the one under Compliance and Enforcement Regulations where the regulator can post inspectors to operators/licensees site...but that still doesnt fit the story @

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Telecoms-regulator-seeks-fresh-powers-to-spy-on-consumers-/-/539550/2520540/-/item/0/-/97lpmyz/-/index.htm

Maybe @Okuttah who is onlist should just email us the document if government side is unable so that the rest of us can be discussing something solid.

walu.