[kictanet] Does cashless matatu system have a regulatory framework?

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 08:19:39 EAT 2014

The President launched the cashless matatu payment system in style last week.

Boarding a matatu from State House to the City Centre, the President used the payment card “My1963” to pay his fare as the smiling Safaricom CEO, Bob Collymore, the Matatu Owners association Chairman, Simon Kimutai and the Cabinet Secretary for Transport and Infrastructure, Eng Michael Kamau all watched.

Read more @
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/walubengo/-/2274560/2518070/-/10vedrez/-/index.html

Additionally, you can read a bare knuckle view from Cofek
** 7 reasons why Cofek will fight to stop the #My1963 PSV's cashless payment fraud

The National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) plan to go cashless on fare payments effective December 1, 2014 though welcome cannot escape public scrutiny.

Clearly, majority commuters are not ready thanks to the very poor and less than transparent handling of the cashless fare payments for Public Service Vehicles (PSV’s).

If digital migration switch-off of analogue TV signal could go to the Supreme Court, then the architects behind the so-called #My1963 fraud must not celebrate just yet. Why?

READ more @
http://www.cofek.co.ke/index.php/14-news/872-7-reasons-why-cofek-will-fight-to-stop-the-my1963-psv-s-cashless-payment-fraud
--------
walu.