[kictanet] eCitizen Working Well

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Fri Nov 7 21:14:25 EAT 2014

Its great to see government being praised. We are going places Kenya.

Next step, and I hope authorities are listening. Lets have a single
document. Think of a smart card with chip and NFC. Store all data from
identification, PIN, Driving Licence, Insurance, .... The booklet DL is so
primordial.

Regards

On Friday, 7 November 2014, Walubengo J via kictanet <

> @Muthoni, @Ali,
>
> Ave quickly browsed throug the system  http://www.ecitizen.go.ke/
>
> Must agree it looks pretty.  Though the registration process got me stuck
> at the "Upload your recent Picture".  How on earth was this system supposed
> to know my recent picture?  Anyway, I did not have any picture and had to
> cheat the system to get through.  Just put a picture of my dream car :-)
>
> Victor/Evans, just lose that requirement of "Upload your Recent" picture.
> Otherwise this does look like a sign of good things to come and you should
> make more noise about it.
>
> walu.
> On Fri, 11/7/14, Ali Hussein via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
>  Subject: Re: [kictanet] eCitizen Working Well
>  To: jwalu at yahoo.com <javascript:;>
>  Date: Friday, November 7, 2014, 7:19 PM
>
>  Dorcas
>  I second that..
>
>  Ali
>  Hussein
>  +254 770
>  906375 / 0713 601113
>  Twitter: @AliHKassimSkype: abu-jomoLinkedIn:
> http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassimBlog: www.alyhussein.com
>
>  "I fear the day
>  technology will surpass human interaction. The world will
>  have a generation of idiots".  ~ Albert
>  Einstein
>  Sent from my iPad
>  On Nov 7,
>  2014, at 5:31 PM, Dorcas Muthoni via kictanet <
> kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke <javascript:;>>
>  wrote:
>
>  Hi All,
>  Wanted to pass a thumbs up to the
>  ICT Authority Team, i used the eCitizen portal to apply for
>  a duplicate DL recently.
>  All worked out very
>  well.
>  Thumbs up to the
>  Pesapal team, that payment went very well!
>  NTSA customer service was
>  great.
>  Times tower 3rd
>  Floor team was bit slow, i forgive them as i got our old
>  paper booklet DL version for the
>  replacement.
>  I did
>  not leave my desk to have these going which was even
>  greater! My messenger collected the DL painlessly
>  too.
>  Kudos to all
>  behind the work. I guess Dr. Matiang'i, Victor, Dr.
>  Getao, Harry, Mugambi and entire team.
>  --
>  Muthoni
>
>  My Blog: http://rugongo.blogspot.com/
>  Mahatma Gandhi once said:-
>
>  First they ignore you,
>  Then
>  they laugh at you,
>  Then they fight you,
>  AND THEN YOU WIN!!!

>  or change your options at
> https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/info%40alyhussein.com
>
>  The Kenya
> [...]

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
L: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lordmwesh
B: http://lord.me.ke/
T: twitter.com/lordmwesh

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson