[kictanet] Digital Migration Appeal Court Ruling: COFEK Response

Wainaina Mungai wainaina.mungai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 12:11:04 EAT 2014

Japheth,

The issue is not the "persons" - but more of the regulator as a
body/institution needs to be truly independent and free of government
control or business owner influences/bullying. The persons occupying the
offices must be empowered and protected by the law for us to achieve.

*(5) Parliament shall enact legislation that provides for the establishment
of a body, which shall--*

*(a) be independent of control by **government**, **political interests**
or **commercial interests**;
*(b) reflect the interests of all sections of the society; and
**(c) set media standards and regulate compliance with those standards.

Wainaina