[kictanet] The ICT Authority Involvement in the Laptop Tender Decision Process

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Mar 18 19:37:38 EAT 2014

Thank you Dr. Victor Kyalo, we are keen to have the questions answered viz.

1. An ICTA board member led the committee that performed due diligence on
the verification of the technical evaluation. Can you share the findings?
2.The negotiation committee was chaired by an ICTA board member. Were
tender documents leaked to Olive as claimed by HP and Haier? Why was the
tender price inflated from $ 268,899,669 to $ 284,899,669? Does BOFA go
down or up?
3. As the principle advisor of matters ICT to GoK, has ICTA given the
government the best advice on how to tackle the primary school
computerisation pledge?
4. We spent taxpayers money to send people to India/China. Did the team
that went to India/China find a factory with the capacity to manufacture
thousands of laptops, or were they entertained and asked to look the other
way?
5. Is the government committed to the laptop project or is all this fiasco
stage managed?

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh