[kictanet] Its Official - Orange is reviewing its operations in East Africa

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Mar 10 18:28:32 EAT 2014

Listers

Apologies for cross-posting.

A Strategic Review is usually a euphemism for preparing to exit.

I'm surprised it's taken this long for Orange to come to the conclusion that its position is no longer tenable. Even the laziest Board will eventually blanch at so much red ink..

CAK will eventually be faced with an interesting scenario...

We are indeed living in interesting times..

Even as Orange is complaining of losses, I have at least five lines that haven't worked for a year despite letters from CAK asking them to explain. Is it a wonder then it is in the condition it is in?

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Orange-weighs-options-for-struggling-Kenya-operation/-/539550/2237198/-/njeg91/-/index.html

Ali Hussein

+254 0770 906375 / 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo
Blog: www.alyhussein.com

"I fear the day technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots".  ~ Albert Einstein

Sent from my iPad