[kictanet] New ICT chiefs to drive growth

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Mon Jun 23 10:43:51 EAT 2014

My 2 cents,

Before we even start off with the Ministries, what we need is a GoK or in
KICTA a CTO/CIO, someone whose work is to push for innovations in the
Government.

This person should have very clear deliverables and expectations for their
office and a large part of it should be in building or funding innovations
that help GoKs and I would expect a lot of it should be to do with building
Kenya as a technology hub and not just consuming technoiogy built elsewhere.

This person / under their office should then recruit his team in different
Ministries.

The problem I see with the proposed approach is that, as it is, every
Ministry has a head of IT and most likely they will just transform into the
new roles and nothing will change.

Regards

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:32 AM, John Masiwe via kictanet <