[kictanet] Security Situation in Kenya

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Thu Jun 19 10:22:42 EAT 2014

On this subject, it is curious that Safaricom's partner in the project is Chinese Telcom giant Huawei.

Americans have reservations, apprehensive/suspicious Huwawei technology wrt spying. Here is an excerpt

"U.S. House Intelligence Committee chairman Mike Rogers somewhat famously said last year that Huawei's products "cannot be trusted to be free of foreign state influence and thus pose a security threat to the United States and to our systems." The committee also released a report that accused Huawei of all kinds of bad behavior including bribery, corruption, and immigration violations. Huawei, of course, denied the claims."
 Full article Here.

Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype: okiambe
Manage your ICT risks! We are the experts you need! The trusted partners you deserve!
Call: +1-888-587-1150 (Canada) +254-20-267-0743 (Kenya) or info at aganoconsulting.com
Licensed by Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK)
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.