[kictanet] Fw: An invitation from Idealist.org

Network of non- formal Educational institutions nnfeischools at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 09:09:22 EAT 2014

Dear All
You are invited to participate

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Ami Dar <ami.dar at idealist.org>
To: nnfeischools at yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:57 AM
Subject: An invitation from Idealist.org

Hi Jane,
My name is Ami Dar and I am the director of Idealist.org. I started Idealist in 1995 because ever since I was a boy growing up in Mexico I've believed that things don't have to be the way they are, and that together we should be able to do much more about all the problems we see around us.
I still feel this way and I suspect you do as well. That's why I'm writing you now.
On Tuesday, March 11, Idealist will launch a new network—online and on the ground, in cities, villages, schools and workplaces—that will help people everywhere connect and take action on any issue that concerns them, locally or globally, online and in person.
The heart of this movement will consist of people all over the world who want to use every available tool—from social media to a bulletin board on a village tree—to inspire and catalyze action and collaboration in their own communities.
.
If this is you—if you like new ideas and you enjoy connecting dots and people, I hope you can join us.
We'll start with a live online presentation, take your questions, and then start building this movement together.
To accommodate people in every time zone, we'll do this twice, first on March 11 at 17:00 GMT/UTC, and then again a few hours later at 04:00 GMT/UTC on March 12th.
For more details about this event, to sign up, and to see how other people are responding, please click on this link:
http://www.idealist.org/March11
And for a bit more about why I think real change is possible, and why we need your voice in this conversation, please click here:
http://www.idealist.org/invitation
If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. And if you know other people in Kenya who should also be at this table, please invite them too.
Thank you, and all the best to you and yours in 2014!
Ami Dar
Executive Director
Idealist.org
You received this email because at some point you signed up on Idealist, subscribed to our alerts, or supported us with a donation. Unsubscribe here.
Idealist's headquarters is at 302 Fifth Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10001, USA.
	* Terms and Conditions
	* Privacy Policy
	* © 1995-2014, Action Without Borders