[kictanet] Should we worry over the impending Telkom Collapse

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Dec 22 14:20:55 EAT 2014

Ali, proper implementation of USF will save us from the poor speeds
you are experiencing in Lamu.

As for Telkom, a complete exit by the government would do the trick.
If it's made a parastatal, it will be another conduit for the
executive to reward political cronies and siphon taxpayers money.

Kencel/Zain/Airtel has survived the tough landscape as investors try
to keep afloat their capital. This would be the case if Telkom was
completely privatised.

Let market forces, regulation, and policy decide the fate of the
industry, but we should do everything possible to keep Telkom afloat.

--
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

The best athletes never started as the best athletes.
You have to think anyway, so why not think big? - Donald Trump.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky.
Tackle the biggest frog first.
I will persist until I succeed - Og Mandino.