[kictanet] The Securities laws amendment bill 2014 and it's impact on ICT

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Dec 11 15:12:09 EAT 2014

On 11 December 2014 at 14:23, Walubengo J via kictanet
<kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:

> I simply worry that the bill seems to be hurried - by design -  and is likely to be law by tomorrow morning - making discussions about it almost immaterial.

Yes Walu, this might be the thinking of the executive, but if we get
enough critical mass rejecting the bill, or proposing amendments, we
can still petition the government to consider the stance. We can
actually go to court and justify that the laws are unconstitutional
and they were hurriedly debated to pass them without proper
consultations. How do you have a public discussion for one day of a
bill that s not even publicly available?

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk
on higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson