[kictanet] ICT Authority Board Appointments Quashed by the High Court

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 11:56:06 EAT 2014

Mwendwa,

am three quarters(3/4) of a don, one quarter (1/4) to go before am a full don :-)

Anyway, my beef in all this saga is that the Kenya Communications Act (revised 2013) has a clause that stipulate that public servants (including dons in PUBLIC universities) should not sit on some boards including the Communication Authority, Universal Service, ICT Authority amongst others.  It however does not bar dons from PRIVATE universities to sit on these very boards.

I am just not able to understand the rationale behind this - perhaps I will when I complete the remaining 1/4 of my studies.  But meanwhile the drafters of this clause are on this list (National Communication Secretariate lurkers :-). Maybe they could break it down for us in simple english. But bottom line, I want to believe nobody should be barred whether they come from private or public university.

walu.