[kictanet] Standoff looms as Safaricom, Airtel oppose new levy

Dennis Kioko dmbuvi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 22:01:10 EAT 2014

Ermm, shouldn't we be fighting for fewer taxes and more efficient use of
existing taxes?

All we have to do is look at NoFBI and Nakuru WiFi and we'll have second
doubts about government doing the business of telcos.

In my opinion, GoK should define problem that USF is looking to solve and
provide incentives to any one who solves them first eg,
A lower tax rate for x years
Power connectivity etc

Wasn't there a firm that supplied low cost base stations at the last Demo
Africa, they would be a low cost alternative here.

We need to stop throwing taxes at our problems, but instead, deploy
innovation here.
On 7 Aug 2014 20:25, "John Kariuki via kictanet" <