[kictanet] Do Connected Kenya Summits add value to our tech sector?

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Mon Apr 14 16:18:37 EAT 2014

The point of these forums is Vendors to sell their wares! For every minute
spent discussing / debating, five mins will then be spent finding out which
Govt Department has what Tenders planned for the next year. This is an
enterprise solutions vendors' networking event. Discussing Kenya's ICT
needs is secondary.

And if we are going to have a forum to discuss *key* issues in ICT, let GoK
sponsor that, so that it can set the tone. And what better place to have it
than Nairobi?

But then again, I am told there is a certain directive to save public
expenditure and hosting this event in Diani is to the best interests of
Wanjiku!

Regards
Waithaka Ngigi
A1.iO

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Rad! <conradakunga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just go to any police station and see the counter books and biros they use
> to keep records.
>
> Then look at the impressve lineup of pies in the skies that are discussed
> at these forums.
>
> If we can't address extremely basic fundamentals, what is the point of
> these forums?
>

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Grace Githaiga <ggithaiga at hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>> It’s that time of the year again, when all top government, private
>> sector, media, academia and regulatory personalities in the ICT sector
>> troop to Mombasa for the annual ICT Conference dubbed the “Connected Kenya
>> Summit”.
>>

>> http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/walubengo/Do-Connected-Kenya-Summits-add-value-to/-/2274560/2273076/-/view/asBlogPost/-/n3ix3t/-/index.html

*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T + 254 (0) 20 2333 471 |Office Mobile: +254 786 28 28 28 | M + 254 737 811
000
www.at.co.ke