[kictanet] Incompetence gallore

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 25 16:18:17 EAT 2013

Kenyans, a new challenge

We have moved up the ranks of international rankings in corruption, child bearing, HIV infections, HIV cures and now let as aim to beat the number of homicides per 100,000 kbfs.

James are you serious?

What I am asking is that we use our talents and be weary of the repercussions when we get to the pearly gates of ahera just to be turned back because we buried ours in the ground for we new our master was a cruel and mean master or reapt where he did not sow.

1.  Get the police off the road and lets use the traffic lights and flog those who do not respect them, on the spot.  The terrorists must have been in stitches as they passed the various police manned junctions.
2.  Those who use county (formerly council) parking on a daily basis please buy seasonal tickets so as to reduce the temptation to bribe, you will also have made sure that your payments gets into the rightful coffers.
3.  If you have total dark tint on your car windows remove them as you will realise the folly of having them when you have been car jacked and watch as you pass police who cannot see you sandwiched between the two thugs with guns on their laps
4.  In IT security the greatest threat is from those within which is why now we implement behavior detection solutions not padlocks, razor wire and mirrors to protect our assets let us work on developing intelligence systems that work towards prevention.
5.  Tomorrow when you visit some of this highly secure locations after the askari has finished checking your boot asking if a "bomb" can fit under the rear seat or within the spare tire, and when at the reception they ask you to leave behind your ID ask them how they expect your body to be identified if you dropped dead in the corridor - I really hate mediocrity especially when we institutionalize the same.
6.  Those who have access to the owners of the paybill number 848484 please ask them if they can provide a toll free number for the police and also connectivity to all the police stations and police posts so that we can finally get back our 999, to hell with 911 I will never remember it when under pressure.
7.  If you have access to the CS ICT and the acting head of the KICTA please ask them to include some component of funding to equip the emergency services call center instead of having hackathons to develop applications that will never see the light of day.
8.  A year or so ago we raised 1 billion to help those who had been affected by famine and then we killed them faster by sending them grains infected with Aflatoxin yet no one followed up, we have also never seen a comprehensive report on how the funds where used which confirms what has been echoed on this thread - we are rotten to the core both public and private sector
9.  We recently had a rogue bus driver kill 41 Kenyans I saw no counseling desks, hash tags, or paybill numbers all because those affected were far removed from those of us who can drive our private cars to the village, what happened on Saturday is a culmination of our arrogant disregard for the less fortunate amongst us.  Let us have a uniform response to calamities irrespective of which social strata is affected all of us spent 9 months in our mothers wombs
10.  Many of you, I distance myself, do not know what happens in the lives of the many, every day at the various matatu terminus be it in the CBD or the farthest corner of Kayole the owners are being extorted by the so called touts.  I calculated the amount recently when waiting to take a matatu home, the stage operators make 100 - 200 shillings from each matatu that originates or terminates at the terminus.  An average matatu does 20 trips and there are about 50 matatus on my route, do the math.

If the entire security system can look the other way as this goes on right under their noses how do we expect them to identify a terrorist activity?

I need to get home, hope I have left you with some food for thought as we participate in implementing and supporting pedestrian solutions to herculean problems

Regards

PS.  Can we take up the setting up of the emergency services system as our CSR? lol

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200