[kictanet] Incompetence gallore

Joe Murithi Njeru joe.njeru at zilojo.com
Wed Sep 25 14:58:29 EAT 2013

Hello Adam,

I agree with you on all the points below.

The level of professionalism in certain parts of public sector is
diabolical.

When I was in Kigali some time back, a kid told his father - who had
just littered the street with a paper - that if he did not pick it up he
would report him to the police...

At iHub, I always pay City Council and ensure I get a receipt. Which I
promptly claim as a business expense.

That helps reduce the tax I pay  Ceaser each year.

On 09/25/2013 11:03 AM, Adam Nelson wrote:
> I drove by a dead body this morning on the bypass between Wayaki way
> and Grevillea Grove.  He was clearly beaten to death and been there
> for some time.  We called an emergency line and ostensibly the police
> will come.  On Ngong Rd across from Brew Bistro 2 weeks ago a boy was
> killed by a truck and his body lay on the side of the street for 2
> hours (Ngong Rd, one of the busiest in town) before anybody official
> arrived at the scene.
>
> How can it be expected that the Nairobi police handle one of the most
> complex hostage crises of the decade when they can't even respond to a
> dead body on the side of a major thoroughfare within 2 hours?
>
> I visited Kigali 3 weeks ago and what it made me realize is that it's
> not an 'African thing' or a 'Developing World thing' that Nairobi is a
> disaster.  It's a total lack of excellence at every level of
> government.  Kigali is better run in every respect than Nairobi and
> for the most part, it just comes down to better management.
>
> I'm not one for recriminations and at a time like this am mostly just
> sad.  In the end, I'm an American and can't effect change here - it's
> up to Nairobians and Kenyans to say enough is enough and to demand
> that the public safety system be reformed.
>
> 1. A 911 (or 999) emergency call center
> 2. All police wearing ID numbers and equipped with a ticket book so
> they can write tickets
> 3. A new type of police with a different uniform that receive double
> pay but will be fired if found guilty of corruption
> 4. All police equipped with a mode of transportation (even just a
> mountain bike)
> 5. All police equipped with a radio
>
> Is this too much to ask of a city that bills itself as the capital of
> anything?
>
> -Adam
>
> --
> Kili.io - OpenStack for Africa: kili.io <http://kili.io>
> Musings: twitter.com/varud <https://twitter.com/varud>
> About Adam: www.linkedin.com/in/adamcnelson
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamcnelson>
>

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Dennis Kioko <dmbuvi at gmail.com
> <mailto:dmbuvi at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     A Standard article explains how disorderly and dangerous the
>     operation was, Kenyans troops killed each other, and endangered
>     the lives of hostages in a haphazard operation.
>
>     The familiar shoot to kill order was given out http://t.co/M5tJ67KcPk
>
>     Sent from my Windows Phone

Joe Murithi Njeru - Chief Executive Officer

Regards,

  Joe Murithi Njeru - Chief Executive Officer

m: +254 722 787725
e: joe.njeru at zilojo.com <mailto:joe.njeru at zilojo.com?Subject=Hello>
w: www.zilojo.com <http://www.zilojo.com>
o: +254 20 2190873
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/9IVjt

*Suite B21, Ground Floor, Block B,
Silverpool Office Suites, Jabavu Lane, Hurlingham
Nairobi, Kenya.*

<http://www.zilojo.com>