[kictanet] Have we failed the nation yet again?

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 10:22:05 EAT 2013

Racist travel advisories will be issued but business in Kenya will continue
with more objective partners.

About two years ago, a senior immigration officer explained to me the
organizational systems to contain the current situation "with evil foreign
elements" existed in Kenya, well over 20 years ago. Instead, we ignored
existing governance systems and sold out in the early nineties. He noted,
we have smart youth who have grown up in Kenya, who come for passports
without proper identification papers after schooling in institutions like
Starehe. Their parents are not truly Kenyan, and the youth are torn between
Kenya and other nations.

As for the police, let us not forget, it is 15 years now, since there was a
terrorist attack of this magnitude in Kenya. They just need to be better
equipped. Earlier this year, some police at the station with closest access
to Westgate, told me we need to plead with local and national leaders to
prioritize upgrading their living conditions and equipment so they can work
better.

https://plus.google.com/107276446818871897324/posts/Xok4HQg7VPT

At this police station there is one rarely operational vehicle. The way to
improve security is increased transparency by us all.

Regards

Murigi / Stanley Muraya

*"Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one
who takes a city." Prov 16:32*