[kictanet] Fw: Google Kenya DNS hijack

John Kariuki ngethe.kariuki2007 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 22 19:05:29 EAT 2013

I have seen a message similar to the one below on www.standardmedia.co.ke article ID=2000081625.Is any lister aware of the problem.

John Kariuki.

----- Forwarded Message -----

This is the message that some internet subscribers in Kenya are receiving while they tried to access the www.google.co.ke page. Some Pakistani leets (word used in the computer community for knowledgeable person or well versed in some computer hacks) claim to be behind this. This occurred today during the WestGate siege.

I asked some people in Nairobi to confirm this. Some subscribers using cellphones could access it. I am not sure who is affected and who is not at the moment.

Someone should take a look at this.

George Ng'ethe

M.Sc. Computer Science
ICT4D Research Centre