[kictanet] National Broadband Strategy

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 15:12:43 EAT 2013

Hi,

I recently went through the National Broad Band Strategy documents where it was indicated that we intend to achieve a connectivity speed of 40 mbps in urban areas in the next 5 years.

This might seem like quite an achievement but starting today some of the Internet users inChattanooga, Tennessee in the USA will be experiencing 1 Gbps speeds to their homes, it seems either we are aiming very low or the strategy is a cut and paste from an era long gone which is a clear indication of what happens when you sit in a dark room and write a strategy but with no organised group to turn to for assistance what was the other choice?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/09/17/how-chattanooga-beat-google-fiber-by-half-a-decade/#!

Regards

About Chattanooga: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattanooga,_Tennessee

Robert Yawe