[kictanet] Africa IT Jobs Outsourced to China ? Africa

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 13:00:45 EAT 2013

Unfortunately these things have to come from the top. Someone or some
institution must brave the fallout from foreigners loosing revenue and the
related political fallout and acrimony. This person needs to be senior
enough to absorb the pressure for his deputies to implement. This is
usually the president and his cabinet.

Look at the directive that govt offices should not buy chinese furniture. I
still see chinese furniture allover. China is a friend but you dont let you
friend sleep with your daughter now do you? They can sell in the open
market but govt offices must buy from the local manufacturers.

Same can be done for road constructions, buildings, ICT tenders etc.
Divorcing business from govt is a bad idea as I have seen being suggested.
Govt knows its needs let it source locally and insist it wants local
suppliers.

Regards,

Mark Mwangi

markmwangi.me.ke