[kictanet] NSA Tapping into Google & Yahoo Networks? How is Kenya protected?

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 11:10:31 EAT 2013

@Phares,

this line of thinking was has been explored recently at the IGF and I had a different angle to it and I quote:

Whereas having each economy build its own email, social media and other web-based systems may provide national pride and a debatable sense of national security, it unfortunately goes towards balkanising the Internet along existing national geographic boundaries.

The final effect will be a diminished value for online services. Search engines will end up with only a localised or national view of data, as opposed to the more international view currently enjoyed by keeping the Internet open and global.

more
@ http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/Lessons-from-the-Global-Internet-Governance-Forum/-/1959700/2051402/-/ouee6l/-/index.html

walu.