[kictanet] [eThinkTankTz] Uganda has the cheapest Broadband Internet in E-Africa.

Bitange Ndemo bitange at jambo.co.ke
Fri Oct 18 18:58:19 EAT 2013

Eng. Dr. Yonah,
The average is one of the measures of central tendency.  It is not used
without looking at other measures in order to give you a clear picture.
You always should know the range and the standard deviation.  We usually
use the average or the mean to get you the rough estimate.  In a
population the mean is closer to the truth but in a sample collected
randomly, it can vary but not too much.  There is always a problem with
data gathering where some people may not understand the ethics behind
authentic data.  There are numerous occasions when people lie with
statistics.

In essence we should not blindly dismiss any numbers unless we have looked
at the methodology which is always not given although it is a requirement
in such data.

Ndemo.