[kictanet] News Flush: National government to relocate to Konza (pun intended)

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 09:09:56 EAT 2013

Hi,

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to keep my sources secret

It has become clear that we have multiple unresolved issues that have arisen from the devolution of governance of this the most critical has been that of the seat of the national government.

For the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church to receive the relevant recognition he had to govern a piece of earth, called the Vatican State, if Washington DC was a state with a governor, who was a Republican, Obama would today find himself homeless.

The former situation is what affects the current national government, they are at the mercy of a Governor who could go rogue and shut them down or hold them hostage.

This situation makes Dr. Kidero a super Governor as he can attend all National Government and Presidential functions, whether invited or not, that take place in Nairobi.  He could also decide to punish any governor who does not toe his line by denying him access to the city and by extension the National Government.

Devolution created 47 physical states and one virtual state (National Government) and based on the teachings from "hekaya za abunuwasi" we know what can happen to the owner of the flat that does not have access to the ground.

From my sources, who as indicated above shall remain unnamed, the National Government has found a solution to this impasse, relocate to Konza.

The process is in high gear and it is said to have been an issue of discussion with the Chinese Government during the presidents recent visit.

Konza is to be hived off from 3 different counties and placed under a specially created authority that will oversee all activities that normally would be the responsibility of a county thus creating the 48th county and giving the National Government a physical anchor, with a title deed.

It will also mean that parliament and the senate will need to be relocated thus leaving Dr. Kidero and the county parliament with a new home.  Statehouse will be treated any of the others spread around the country, even though Dr. Kidero has been eying it as a possible residents.

Therefore what this means is that we shall need to wait a little longer for the techno-polis but options abound with Dr. Mutua in Machakos, Kabogo in Kiambu and Ranguma in Kisumu who are also planning to develop technocities.

Regards

Useful links

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/africa/120128/new-chinese-built-african-union-au-headquarters-opens-addis-ababa-ethiopia

http://techmoran.com/uhuru-kenyatta-asks-china-to-invest-in-kenyas-10-billion-konza-technology-city/

http://mobile.nation.co.ke/business/Sh8bn-dam-to-supply-Konza-city-water/-/1950106/2008934/-/format/xhtml/-/t6r6os/-/index.html - Konza to be self sufficient in water and power (military strategy)

http://vimeo.com/58618218 - This shows the development of a new city to rival Nairobi

http://buildesign.co.ke/illegal-structures-mushrooming-around-konza-city/ - 1 10 kilometer security buffer zone

http://www.lands.go.ke/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=228&Itemid=46

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HITEC_City - Who is Konza competing against

 All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200