[kictanet] Safaricom protests CCK Ratings on quality of service

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 08:00:16 EAT 2013

Hi,

Please send the following link to CCK

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2013/05/safaricom-in-sh25-5bn-net-profit/

It is called a public opinion rating.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
Kenya

Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

On Thursday, 17 October 2013, 5:10, Ali Hussein <ali at hussein.me.ke> wrote:

Safaricom is headed for a clash with the Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK) over quality checks that will determine the renewal of its licence next year.

The mobile telecoms firm reckons that the regulator’s quality checks — which have labelled Safaricom non-compliant — are erroneous and that an independent assessment has given it a clean bill of health.

The telcos are expected to deliver overall performance of at least 80 per cent on eight indicators to be compliant, but Safaricom had the worst score of 50 per cent in the year to June while Airtel was rated at 62.5 per cent. Telkom and Essar both achieved 87.5 per cent.

On Wednesday, Safaricom said an independent assessor had given it a score of 87.5 per cent, a rating that is expected to spark a fresh row with the CCK.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Safaricom-fights-CCK-over-voice-quality-checks/-/539550/2035438/-/item/0/-/wis1twz/-/index.html

Who do you believe? Safaricom or CCK?

From a  personal level my take is that CCK is on the right track and need to tighten the screws on QoS across all services in the Telco and ISP space. We have become too comfortable with mediocre service and this is just not on.

As an example for the last one year my company has been paying service charges to Orange for several lines which do not work. I have even written to the CEO's office with Zero action. I have written to the CCK complaint hotline with Zero action. The only reason I'm forced to pay every month is because some of those lines are tied to a Pilot line and hence Orange is 'unable' to detach them...surely..

Ali Hussein

+254 0770 906375 / 0713 601113

"Kujikwaa si kuanguka, bali ni kwenda mbele" (To stumble is not to fall but a sign of going forward) - Swahili Proverb
Sent from my iPad