[kictanet] CCK PUSHES LOCAL FIRMS TO HOST WEBSITES LOCALLY

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Nov 28 04:32:52 EAT 2013

@Walu

Maybe its time for stronger language. This shooting from the hip from very senior government functionaries are reminiscent of the KANU days and we sincerely don't want to go back there. So maybe some shock therapy is required.

I notice that there is conspicuous silence from the Government side. Just a piece of advice for them:-

Engagement doesn't mean that you only respond when something positive is said or when you want to articulate a particular point, or when you are issuing a Press Release. Engagement means tackling the tough questions and giving back as much as you get in a positive manner. This particular discourse is a fundamental issue that policy makers and regulators need to address. Keeping silent doesn't make it go away.

I know for some what I'm about to say is a touchy issue but they would do well to borrow from the Paul Kukubos and Bitange Ndemo's. Sometimes I would cringe at the 'vitriol' thrown at them when they were on the hot seats. One thing for sure - they never shied away from engaging even when it became extremely personal.

This list is about engagement and we do our best to raise issues of importance in our sector to enable us improve our space. It should be treated as such.

Ali Hussein

+254 0770 906375 / 0713 601113

"I fear the day technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots".  ~ Albert Einstein

Sent from my iPad