[kictanet] Shared fiber optic infrastruture

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Wed May 29 11:09:56 EAT 2013

Ali, Robert

I also think this is a local government issue and not a Safaricom issue.
The government should enforce laws or bylaws that limit all this digging
around or charge such hefty fees that commercial companies think twice.

I have talked about this before and said that communication cabling should
be treated as a utility and managed by a central body just like
sewerage,electricity,water supply etc. we don't have people digging their
own sewer lines do we?

How much longer will last mile remain expensive as the telcos "recover
their investments" ? When does it end?

Regards,

Mark Mwangi

markmwangi.me.ke