[kictanet] Devolution to hinder digital migration

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue May 28 21:07:28 EAT 2013

Oh, that governor thinks that putting up and running a TV station is like
constructing a market and asking hawkers to occupy/use it, I guess.
National policies, when in conflict with County policies, do prevail over
the later, IIRC.

On 28 May 2013 18:58, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Listers,
>
> A statement by the Governor of Muranga county is concerning, he says the
> county is to put up its own TV and Radio station, if they install an
> analogue system and the other counties do the same then what is the fate of
> the digital migration deadline?
>
> The entire process will have no effect if only the 48th county (National
> Government, which is virtual) decides to implement the requirements of the
> migration.
>
> However much we keep talking about the international migration deadline
> how do we shutoff a station that is still transmitting in analogue?  Unlike
> an migration say to IPv6 which can be effected worldwide the same is not
> possible with TV broadcast signals.
>
> With the issues of autonomy being propagated by the governors, it will
> only be a matter of time before they declare frequencies allocation and
> operations a devolved function.
>
> Regards
>
> Robert Yawe
> KAY System Technologies Ltd
> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
> Kenya
>
> Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223
"I can't hear you -- I'm using the scrambler."