[kictanet] Devolution to hinder digital migration

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Tue May 28 20:41:15 EAT 2013

I do not think the autonomy of the counties goes as far as deciding to
adopt policies that clash with the national govenment. We must acknowledge
who is boss here. The sentiments of the Governor are all well and good but
to build an analog network would be impossible. They still need CCK
approval. Why would they need this autonomy? will they also ask for their
own military and airforce? it simply isn't feasible.

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 6:58 PM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Listers,
>
> A statement by the Governor of Muranga county is concerning, he says the
> county is to put up its own TV and Radio station, if they install an
> analogue system and the other counties do the same then what is the fate of
> the digital migration deadline?
>
> The entire process will have no effect if only the 48th county (National
> Government, which is virtual) decides to implement the requirements of the
> migration.
>
> However much we keep talking about the international migration deadline
> how do we shutoff a station that is still transmitting in analogue?  Unlike
> an migration say to IPv6 which can be effected worldwide the same is not
> possible with TV broadcast signals.
>
> With the issues of autonomy being propagated by the governors, it will
> only be a matter of time before they declare frequencies allocation and
> operations a devolved function.
>
> Regards
>
> Robert Yawe
> KAY System Technologies Ltd