[kictanet] Are we throwing the baby with the bath water?

George Nyabuga george at afrinic.net
Fri Mar 29 16:56:33 EAT 2013

The problem Moses is that that is a waste of court's time. Remember if there is no crime (according to our statutes, case law etc.) you should not be taken to court. Unless they are charged with, for example, criminal libel which is contentious anyway, they will just be acquitted. As I indicated earlier, many of us are often annoyed by statements made by public officials but we hardly take them to court or have them arrested for that matter. This is just harassment. All said, I don't condone such hurtful, invective and uncivil statements on blogs. That is why the guys cannot make the same statements in public. It's important that the bloggers be held accountable for their writings. Let's see what happens.

Dr George Nyabuga                                                 Tel:   +230 403 51 00
Head, Communications and PR, AFRINIC           Fax:  +230 466 67 58
george at afrinic.net - www.afrinic.net

Please join us at the Africa Internet Summit, Lusaka, Zambia, 9 – 21 June 2013