[kictanet] The ICT industry is sick

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 14:08:39 EAT 2013

Hi,

In Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) the first step that suffering alcoholics must take is to accept that they are alcoholics.

It is time that we as an industry accept that we are very sick and then ask for help, which must come from outside the industry as the infection has permeated too deep into the rest of us.

From all the monologues going on it is clear that the IEBC system was bound to fail from day one but all we did was defend the capabilities of those given the responsibility for the system because Kenya had given the World MPesa and Ushahidi,

Now  the same people whose capabilities we applauded a few weeks ago are the ones we are now crucifying, reminds me of the events of Palm Sunday and Good Friday.

Peter Kenneth thought that the followers he had on facebook would translate into votes, Mutoro made the mistake of coming onto a digital forum to ask for people to physically demonstrate on the street to evict the government printer he got many +1s, I saw a post on facebook this morning asking people to go and show their support at the Supreme Court for the CORD appeal, I can see the venue from my office and so far there is only the usual crowd but the request on facebook as over a thousand likes.

Since I am as sick as the rest of you I cannot offer much assistance if there is someone out there who is still not afflicted please come to our rescue as all we are doing is murdering bits and bytes.

Regards

PS.  The posts of CEO and Deputy CEO of the Kenya ICT Board are soon to become vacant are we looking for how we can influence the appointment or are we waiting for the person to be appointed and then we discuss the flawed process, inexperience of the person . . . .

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200